Tourism in Placencia started by avid anglers coming to flyfish in the permit rich waters around the island, located just an hour away. Placencia fishing guides are among the best guide you will find in Belize, many of them are third or fourth generation fisherman. Choose from the many types of fishing offered by our expert guide at Placencia Wideside Adventures.
Looking for a different fishing experience in Placencia, combine it with snorkeling for a day of fun for the entire family or group.
Fishing and Snorkeling Trip
Whether it be Trolling, Spin Casting, Fly Fishing, Bottom Fishing or Deep Sea Fishing, we can accommodate you.
Simply let us know your pleasure and our guys will get you on the FISH!
Included in your Fishing Trip:
- Park fees, Beach Lunch, Water, Sodas or juice
- Fishing Guide and Gears (or bring your own).
- Please bring along: Sunscreen and towels.
Fishing and Snorkeling Adventure
- Depart at 9 a.m from our dock on the lagoon side of Placencia
- Travel time: 1-hour boat ride to the park
- Ranger briefing of the Parks Dos and Don’ts upon arrival, if we go to one for snorkeling.
- Fish species: Snappers, Groupers, Mackerels, King Mackerels, Barracudas and maybe even get lucky with a Dorado or Wahoo
Fishing Photo Gallery
Spend the morning either bottom fishing or trolling around the inner reefs in the Placencia area. Troll along the barrier reef and catch: snappers, groupers, mackerels, king mackerels, barracudas and maybe even get lucky with a Dorado or Wahoo along the Barrier reef- after all, it is fishing!
Once done with fishing, we head to one of the nearby islands and snorkel a bit, while the morning catch is being prepared and grilled for lunch. By the time you’re done snorkeling, lunch will be ready. Enjoy a beach lunch buffet and relax a bit. When you’re ready, you can either fish or snorkel to end off an adventurous day.
- This can be combined with Lobster Hunting for a longer more adventurous day.
- Great family fun or something to go along with that special someone.